Hard anodising of aluminium
Steel strength, lightweight of aluminum
Hard anodised coatings on aluminium and its alloys are formed during the process of electrolytic oxidation in acid electrolytes, under accurately adjusted conditions of temperature and electric current. The coating is formed in such a way, that half of its thickness penetrates into the base material and the other half builds up externally.
When compared to conventional anodised films, coatings formed during the process of hard anodising are much thicker, which demonstrate much better resistance to wear. Depending on the type and condition of the base material, the achievable thickness of hard anodised films may range from 25 µm to 250 µm.
Colours of hard anodised coatings depend on types of the base material and thickness of the built-up film. Generally, the colours include various shades of brown and grey. With very thick coatings, it is also possible to achieve black colour of the film.
PROPERTIES OF HARD ANODISED COATINGS
• Very high resistance to wear and abrasion.
• Perfect resistance to corrosion (1000 to 1500 h in a saline chamber).
• Excellent hardness (380-550 HV 0.025).
• Optimum antifriction properties.
• High resistance to electric breakdown (1500 V at the film thickness of 50 µm).
• Resistance to high temperatures (up to 2000ºC at short-term exposure).
• Excellent properties of thermal insulation (1/10 to 1/30 of thermal conductivity demonstrated by the base material).
The properties and appearance of the oxide coating mainly depend on the base material (type of alloy and degree of aluminium hardening – table), the method of manufacturing and preperation of the product surface.
NOTE: If the alloy type and condition are incorrectly defined, the components may be damaged.
Hard anodising is often used in specialised industries:
• Pneumatic and hydraulic cylinders
• Pistons and injection moulds
• Valves, nozzles and belt pulleys
• Chirurgical instruments
• Toothed transmission gears
• Heating plates
• Household equipment
• Automotive industry
• Aviation industry
To place an order, please complete the following documents and send them via e-mail to email@example.com or bring it personally to Anodal’s office. The office is open from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Our consultants will help in case of problems with completing the order.
• Technical drawings (PDF with specification of dimensions provided with tolerances)
• Service order according to the order form with the following information: designation of fixing (contact) points, aluminium grade and degree of hardening, surface area calculated from the 3D development, thickness of the anodised coating,
• Other information that may be important, such as.: standards and codes that must be fulfilled, requirement to have the anodised coating sealed
Note! Components handed over to ANODAL must by right after manufacturing, with no preliminary treatment.
If components are to be sent by regular mail or courier:
• Send a copy of the order via e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
• Attach all necessary technical drawings of the components to the e-mail
• Place the legible name of your company in a well-visible place on the packing
While sending back the ready products:
• Small packages are sent back by courier service at the expense of ANODAL, otherwise the postage expenses are added to the invoice,
• Please check the integrity and content of the package in witness of the courier, in case of damage make up a relevant report,
• The Stock Issue Confirmation Note (WZ), along with the VAT invoice, are attached to the package and placed in the plastic pocket along with the Bill of Lading (B/L),
• Should the invoice be sent to an address different from the destination address of the package, please provide such information in the Service Order
|1200||very good||very good||excellent||excellent||Al99.0|
|2007||poor||poor||very good||good||Al 4.0Cu 1.2Pb 1.1Mg 0.8Mn|
|2011||poor||poor||very good||good||Al 5.5Cu 0.4Bi 0.4Pb|
|2014||poor||poor||very good||good||Al 4.5Cu 0.9Si 0.8Mn 0.5Mg|
|2014A||poor||poor||very good||good||Al 4.5Cu 0.8Mn 0.7Si 0.5Mg|
|PA6||2017A||poor||poor||very good||good||Al 4.0Cu 0.7Mn 0.7Mg 0.5Si|
|PA7||2024||poor||poor||very good||good||Al 4.4Cu 1.5Mg 0.6Mn|
|2030||poor||poor||very good||good||Al 3.9Cu 1.2Pb 0.9Mg 0.6Mn|
|3003||good||very good||very good||very good||Al 1.3Mn Cu|
|3004||good||very good||very good||very good||Al 1.3Mn 1.1Mg|
|3005||good||very good||very good||very good||Al 1.3Mn 0.4Mg|
|3103||good||very good||very good||very good||Al 1.2Mn|
|3105||good||very good||very good||very good||Al 0.6Mn 0.5Mg|
|5049||very good||very good||excellent||excellent||Al 2.1Mg 0.8Mn|
|5052||very good||very good||excellent||excellent||Al 2.5Mg Cr|
|PA13||5083||good||very good||excellent||excellent||Al 4.5Mg 0.7Mn Cr|
|5086||good||very good||excellent||excellent||Al 4.0Mg 0.5Mn Cr|
|5154A||good||very good||excellent||excellent||Al 3.5Mg Mn Cr|
|5182||good||very good||excellent||excellent||Al 4.5Mg 0.3Mn|
|PA2||5251||very good||very good||excellent||excellent||Al 2.0Mg 0.3Mn|
|5454||very good||very good||excellent||excellent||Al 2.7Mg 0.8Mn Cr|
|PA11||5754||good||very good||excellent||excellent||Al 3.1Mg Mn Cr|
|6005A||good||very good||very good||excellent||Al 0.6Mg 0.7Si Mn Cr|
|6016||very good||excellent||excellent||excellent||Al Si 1.0-1.5 Mg 0.25-0.6|
|PA38||6060||very good||excellent||excellent||excellent||Al 0.5Mg 0.5Si Fe|
|6061||good||very good||very good||excellent||Al 1.0Mg 0.6Si Cu Cr|
|PA38||6063||very good||excellent||excellent||excellent||Al 0.7Mg 0.4Si|
|PA4||6082||good||very good||very good||excellent||Al 0.9Mg 1.0Si 0.7 Mn|
|6106||good||very good||very good||excellent||Al 0.6Mg 0.4Si Mn|
|7010||poor||poor||good||very good||Al 6.2Zn 2.4Mg 1.8Cu Zr|
|PA47||7020||poor||good||very good||very good||Al 4.5Zn 1.2Mg Mn Cr Zr|
|PA9||7075||poor||poor||good||very good||Al 5.6Zn 2.5Mg 1.6Cu Cr|